December 9 - City Offers Restaurants Partial Reimbursement of Delivery Fees. More details can be found at DurangoGov.org/DBRF
November 24 - City of Durango Launches Business Relief Fund. More details can be found at DurangoGov.org/DBRF
July 14 - During the July 14 study session, City Council decided to continue the virtual meeting setup until further notice.
June 16 - City Council voted unanimously to extend the face covering order indefinitely.
- Link to Council discussion - View signed order #2020-10 (PDF) - read FAQ - download business signage (PDF)
- Ordenanza #2020-10 en español
- City of Durango Launches Business Relief Fund. More details can be found at DurangoGov.org/DBRF
- Starting Monday, November 16, the cashier window at City Hall will be closed from 11 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
- Regulations governing on-site parking requirements will be temporarily relaxed to help facilitate outdoor business transactions - View signed Order #2020-06 (PDF)
- Public meeting procedures have been adjusted. Community members need to add their comments to an agenda item via email. Get all the details in on our meetings page.
- Physical visits to the Community Development office at River City Hall have been suspended until further notice. More details at DurangoGov.org/ComDev
- Temporary relaxation of regulations governing signage, such as banners, teardrop banners and sandwich boards, to allow local businesses which are lawfully in operation to advertise their services.
- Durango Businesses Can Apply to Temporarily Defer Sales Tax Payments - Get more details here.
- Free parking at some meters downtown for curbside pickup.
Parks and Recreation
- Reservations are required to use the Recreation Center and Chapman Hill Ice Rink and can be made online up to 7 days in advance. To make a reservation, visit DurangoGov.org/reccenter
- City of Durango open space, parks and trails are OPEN.
- Residents are encouraged to continue hiking, biking, and running, however, you must maintain the legally-mandated safe distance of six feet or more from others while participating in outdoor recreation.
- Playgrounds and picnic areas are OPEN.
- The skate park is OPEN.
- Lake Nighthorse is CLOSED for the season.
- School District 9R playgrounds and grounds are OPEN.
- Fort Lewis College recreational facilities including Durango Softball Complex, Smith Sports Complex, the tennis courts, frisbee golf course, and Rim Trail are OPEN.
- The Durango Recycle Center is open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tues - Sat. Face coverings are required.
- The Utilities Department reminds residents that options other than toilet paper should NOT be flushed down toilets. Paper towels, napkins and "flushable" wipes contribute to potential sewer backups into homes, streets. View full news release (PDF).
- City water, sewer, trash and recycling service will continue, and late fees will be waived on city utility bills for now. For more information, please call Customer Service at (970) 375-5034.
Durango Public Library
- The Durango Transit bus stop located in the Walmart parking has been relocated to the southwest corner of the building on Dominguez Way. More details available at DurangoGov.org/transit
- Durango Transit Implements “No Mask, No Ride” Policy - View full news release (PDF).
- Each Transit bus is limited to a maximum capacity of six passengers on loop route buses and eight passengers on the Main Avenue Trolley. Saturday and Sunday Transit service will be reduced to on-the-hour service for all routes. Monday through Friday schedules remain the same, with service every 30 minutes. Find an updated weekend schedule with bus stop times at DurangoGov.org/transit
Durango-La Plata County Airport
- The Durango-La Plata County Airport (DRO) terminal facilities are open. Commercial airline flights to and from DRO are operating per normal schedules. More details at FlyDurango.com