Planning Division responsibilities
The Planning Division is responsible for the review of private and public development projects, administers the Comprehensive Plan (PDF) and the Land Use Development Code, and develops area and topical plans.
Department staff also provides administrative services to the:
- City Council
- Design Review Board
- Historic Preservation Board
- LUDC Board of Appeals
- Planning Commission
- Others, as needed
River City Hall staff will continue accepting and processing applications for permits and development approvals digitally. If you have a new inquiry, please use the following resources:
- GENERAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT INQUIRIES: Call the main phone line at (970) 375-4850.
- BUILDING PERMIT INQUIRIES, INCLUDING APPLICATIONS AND INSPECTIONS: Contact Jackie Cox at Jaclyn.Cox@DurangoGov.org or (970) 375-4852.
- ENGINEERING INQUIRIES, INCLUDING EXCAVATION PERMITS AND INSPECTIONS OF PUBLIC IMPROVEMENTS/UTILITIES: Call the main phone line at (970) 375-4850.
- PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REVIEW INQUIRIES: Email planning@DurangoGov.org or call the main line at (970) 375-4850.
- CODE ENFORCEMENT INQUIRIES: Contact Steve Barkley at steve.barkley@DurangoGov.org or call (970) 375-4930.
- PARKING ENFORCEMENT INQUIRIES: Call (970) 375-4960
Payments for applications and permits can be dropped off inside the secured payment drop-box outside River City Hall and will also continue to be accepted over the phone by calling the main line (970) 375-4850. Checks should be addressed to the City of Durango and include a detailed description of the project and fee being collected.