COVID-19 Job Site Safety
Construction projects and companies in their supply chain are NOT EXEMPT from social distancing requirements. Please reference the following documents regarding COVID-19 information, and social distancing and hygiene protocols:
- City of Durango Face Covering Order News Release
- Colorado Association of Home Builders Blog (contains up-to-date COVID-19 information for builders)
- Colorado Association of Home Builders COVID-19 Job Site Safety
- State of Colorado COVID-19 Construction Guidance
In response to the Coronavirus emergency, physical visits to the Community Development office at River City Hall have been suspended until further notice. We will continue accepting and processing applications for permits and development approvals, but all application submittals must be done digitally.
If you have a project or permit currently in process, you may continue corresponding with the staff member you’ve been working with via e-mail. If you have a new inquiry, please use the following resources:
- FOR GENERAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT INQUIRIES: Call the main phone line at (970) 375-4850.
- FOR BUILDING PERMIT INQUIRIES, INCLUDING APPLICATIONS AND INSPECTIONS: Contact Jackie Cox at Jaclyn.email@example.com or (970) 375-4852.
- FOR ENGINEERING INQUIRIES, INCLUDING EXCAVATION PERMITS AND INSPECTIONS OF PUBLIC IMPROVEMENTS/UTILITIES: Call the main phone line at (970) 375-4850.
- FOR PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REVIEW INQUIRIES: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main line at (970) 375-4850.
- FOR CODE ENFORCEMENT INQUIRIES: Contact Steve Barkley at email@example.com or call (970) 375-4930.
- FOR PARKING ENFORCEMENT INQUIRIES: Call (970) 375-4960.
Applications shall be submitted to staff digitally. If paper plans are required by the City, or to drop off mylars, etc., there is a drop-box located at the front door of River City Hall (DO NOT LEAVE ANY PAYMENTS IN THIS DROP-BOX). Payments for applications and permits will be accepted over the phone by calling the main line (970) 375-4850. Checks will be accepted at the secure payment drop-box outside River City Hall, 1235 Camino del Rio, and should be addressed to the Community Development Department and include a detailed description of the project and fee being collected. All approved permits will be emailed to customers.
Planning Division Responsibilities
The Planning Division is responsible for the review of private and public development projects, administers the Comprehensive Plan (PDF) and the Land Use Development Code, and develops area and topical plans.
Department staff also provides administrative services to the: