Residential Curbside Recycling
How It Works
If you live in a single family home, townhouse or a duplex*, the City of Durango offers curbside single stream recycling in conjunction with your City trash service.
Residential customers pay a monthly fee for curbside recycling pickup and containers are provided free-of-charge. If you live within the City of Durango and do not currently receive City recycling services, please sign up for your free blue recycling container.
2020 Durango residential trash and recycling rates are:
|Container Size||Collections Per Week||Monthly Recycling Fee||Monthly Trash Fee||Extra Collection / Overloaded Can Fee|
*Recycling services are also available for multi-family apartment complexes and condominiums through the City's Commercial Recycling Program.
- Make sure you know what can and cannot be recycled in your Blue Single Stream container - post the Single Stream guidelines somewhere visible and use the DurangoRecycles.com tool to find out how to dispose of almost anything!
- Do NOT place glass, plastic bags, styrofoam, food waste or garbage in your blue container - this could result in your entire container becoming contaminated
- Place properly prepared Single Stream materials in your blue container
- Empty and rinse all containers
- Recyclable material should be loose and un-bagged (with the exception of shredded paper which should be bagged)
- Place recycling container next to the curb by 8:00 AM on your recycling day
- Containers should be placed with wheels against the curb and the front facing the street
- Ensure container is 4 feet from parked cars, fences, poles and other obstacles that could prevent automated trucks from emptying your container
- In order to reduce the number of stops by our recycling crew, please only set out your container when it is reasonably full. If the lid on the recycle can cannot close, you could be charged an overfilled fee of $12.50.
- Fees for damaged residential containers are:
|60-gallon bear container||$223.51|
|90-gallon bear container||$226.60|
City of Durango residents may also drop off additional Single Stream material at the Durango Recycle Center free-of-charge with a current City of Durango residential utility bill.