General Information on Park, Open Space & Trails Permit
Please read all the information on this page before continuing with a permit.
All permit applications are pending until approved by the Parks and Recreation Department.
Why should I get a permit?: The permitting process allows the City to coordinate with event planners to make sure the venue can meet event needs, as well as to ensure there are not conflicting activities taking place at the same time. The City further captures details of the benefits our parks and amenities provide to the Durango community and local businesses through the permitting process, helping to plan park enhancements and management over time.
Park & Trail PERMIT APPLICATION (PDF)
Please email the permit to: Parks and Recreation, or drop it off at the Administrative Office in the Recreation Center at 2700 Main Avenue.
Refer to application and deposit costs below for the TOTAL amount required for your event:
- Nonrefundable Application Fee
- Buckley Park $150
- Rotary Park $100
- All other parks $50
- 50 people or less $50
- 51 - 199 people (non special event*) $100
- 200 people + or competitive and/or sporting events*
- * Some large special events may require an increased damage deposit and a Special Activities Permit request.
- Parks Used for Monetary Gain
- First day $100
- Second day $75
- Third day and subsequent days $50
- Nonprofit organizations holding a 501(c)3 are exempt from monetary gain fees $0
Be sure to view our list of all parks and amenities, including locations and pictures of each.