- Public Works
- Engineering Division
- Stormwater Management
- Plan Field Inspection Report Instructions
Plan Field Inspection Report Instructions
Stormwater Management Plan Field Inspection Report Instructions
The following information is required on each report:
- Date of Inspection
- Permittee's Name
- Project/Facility Name
- Inspector's Name/Title (also indicate whether the Inspector is a Qualified Stormwater Manager)
- Stormwater Quality Permit Number
- Reason for Inspection
Types of Inspections
The types of inspections include the following:
- Required Minimum Frequencies
- 7 Calendar Day Inspection
- Required 14 Calendar Day Inspection - These inspections are required at least every 14 calendar days (with post-storm event inspections within 24 hours after end of event) during the life of the construction project.
- Required 30 Day Inspection for Completed Projects-These inspections are required at least every 30 calendar days following the completion of the construction project where final stabilization has not been achieved.
- Post-Storm Event Inspections - These inspections are required withing 24 hours after the end of any precipitation or snowmelt event that causes surface erosion. These may be used to fulfill the 14-day routine inspection requirement.
- Complaint-Inspection as a response to a complaint.
- Other-Inspection for any other reason.
The minimum frequencies are required to comply with City of Durango Stormwater Quality Permit System requirements, see reverse side or City of Durango Stormwater Quality Permit Section 9. Site Inspections for details.
7. Construction Site Assessment
Inspect the noted areas of the construction site and indicate with a "i" the items which apply:
- Construction site perimeter contained - Are the appropriate control measures in place and off-site sediment tracking minimized? Is there any evidence of pollutants leaving the construction site?
- Disturbed areas contained - Are the appropriate control measures implemented to minimize erosion or sediment tracking from the disturbed areas? Is there any evidence of or potential for pollutants leaving the site? Provide an estimate of the disturbed are at the time of the inspection.
- Areas used for material and waste storage and fueling contained - Are the appropriate control measures implemented to prevent and contain spills? Are wastes removed from the site and disposed of properly? Are the storage areas located at least 50 feet from a watercourse? Is there any evidence of pollutants leaving the site?
8. SWMP Management
Indicate whether changes have been made to the SWMP during construction, whether the changes have been approved by the permittee or permittee's representative and documented, whether control measure specifications are included with SWMP for all control measures used, and whether all control measures are installed as shown and specified in the details.
9. Control Measures
The control measures shown may not be a complete list of what is required by the SWMP. Cross out the control measures not required by the SWMP and add the control measures that are required. Additional sheets can be inserted to show all the control measures required by the SWMP.
10. Practice Req/Used
This column can be used as follows:
- If the control measure is required by the SWMP and implemented, place an "i" in both the "Req" and "Used" columns.
- If the control measure is required by the SWMP, but not implemented, place an "i" in the "Req" column. Indicate the reason for the change in column (11), "Field Observations & Action Items."
- If the control measure has been added to the SWMP, place an "i" in the "Used" column. Indicate the reason for the change in column (11).
11. Field Observations & Action Items
Indicate the reason(s) for the deletion, addition and modification of control measure(s) to the SWMP.
12. Maintenance / Sediment Removal Required
Indicate whether maintenance and sediment removal are required with a Yes or No. If maintenance and sediment removal are required, indicate what the action plan is in column (13), "Course of Action."
13. Course of Action If maintenance and/or sediment removal is required, describe the action plan.
14. Date for Action to be Completed - Indicate the date for which the course of action will be completed. The course of action must be completed in a timely manner, but in no case more than 7 days after the inspection.
15. Inspections and Maintenance - Evaluate the inspection and maintenance aspect of the construction project and check all that applies with an "i." To comply with City of Durango Stormwater Quality Permit System requirements, all of the items identified must be adhered to.