Residential Bulk Pickup
City of Durango residents can request a bulk trash pickup for a fee of $175 per 10 cubic yard truckload plus $10 per appliance. Street crews are scheduled for bulk pickup on the first and third Thursdays of the month only, weather permitting.
Please note: This service is provided to single family residential homes within city limits. Commercial properties do not qualify.
The Streets Division does not schedule bulk pickups during the annual Fall and Spring Clean Ups.
Residents should NOT place items out until the night before their scheduled pickup. Items left out with no scheduled pickup may be subject to a written ticket from code enforcement.
Items should be placed on the pavement outside of the curb. Please do not place items close to gas meters, fences, lawns, sidewalks, greenbelt or driveways. Items must be easily accessible for crews to remove and not located on private property.
- Tree trimmings & branches under 8' in length
- Bagged or boxed loose brush & leaves
- Scrap metals, drywall, fencing, carpeting, tiles & open dried paint cans
- For an additional fee - Large appliances (refrigerants/freon must be removed by a licensed business and appliance tagged as safe)
Materials that will not be collected
- Rocks, concrete, dirt, sod or bricks
- Hazardous or industrial materials
- Electronics or batteries
- Appliances or equipment with refrigerants
For general information please call 970-375-4861.